Zucchini Salad with Feta and Kalamatas
Who’d have thought raw zucchini salad could taste this good! This zucchini salad recipe is really tasty and the green tips of the grated zucchinis make it look pretty funky, too.
We created this zucchini salad recipe during our recent zucchini glut, and were pleasantly surprised at how much everyone enjoyed it. You’ll have to try it to believe it.
Use grated zucchini to take the chunkiness out of this salad and make it a smooth addition to other dishes. Adding the olive oil before the other ingredients softens the zucchini up nicely and makes it easier to chew.
Zucchini Salad Recipe
- 4 small, 3 medium or 2 large zucchinis
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 150g feta cheese chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 Spanish onion (optional, either mixed in or used as a garnish)
- Grate the zucchinis. Using a food processor produces excellent results and will save you time.
- Mix the olive oil in with the grated zucchinis.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine.
- Garnish with finely chopped Spanish onion (optional).
- This salad is yummy served in pita bread pockets and eaten like a sandwich.
- Zucchini salad is still good served the next day, so add this to the list of vegetable salad recipes that can be prepared in advance.
- Mix the leftovers (if there are any) with egg and flour to make zucchini fritters.
Back to Vegetable Salad Recipes from Zucchini Salad with Feta and Kalamatas
Back to Healthy Eating Guide home from Zucchini Salad with Feta and Kalamatas