How to Make a Power Smoothie
Simple instructions for how to make a power smoothie that will give you an energy boost and enable you to build your strength.
Whenever I drink one of these I feel like superwoman. Green smoothies always make me feel more energetic, but I haven't found any other blend that can power an entire morning like this one.
Power smoothie recipe
Makes approximately 1 litre (2-3 large glasses)
- 2 handfuls baby spinach - high in protein and iron
- 1 handful parsley - loaded with vitamin C to help your body absorb the iron from the spinach
- 1 tablespoon spirulina powder - high protein superfood
- 2 large or 3 small bananas - high in carbohydrates to provide a sustained boost of energy, also high in potassium and magnesium
- 250ml water
- Place the baby spinach, parsley and water into your blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add spirulina.
- Add bananas to your blender mix and blend for a further 30 seconds.Pour into a glass and drink straight away.
Try to drink at least 2 glasses. When you feel hungry again finish off your smoothie before eating.
- Use ripe bananas. The riper the banana the lower the GI due to lower starch levels.
Back to Green Smoothie Health from How to Make a Power Smoothie
Back to Healthy Eating Guide home from How to Make a Power Smoothie