Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe
A Fresh and Spicy Homemade Ginger Carrot Soup Recipe
Lift your mood with this radiant carrot ginger soup recipe. The combination of carrots and ginger is heaven sent, offering multiple health benefits as well as a fantastic orange colour. The taste sensation comes from the mixture of Asian-influenced ingredients with fresh, healthy carrots.
This ginger carrot soup recipe is very easy to make. It’s even better when you can source fresh herbs from your own garden.
- 1 kg carrots
- 3 small or 2 large leeks
- 1 teaspoon chopped lemongrass
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 4 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- Peel and chop carrots into large chunks.
- Finely chop leeks and fry for 3-4 minutes until slightly brown.
- Add carrots and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, cover and simmer until the carrots are soft (20-30 minutes.)
- Stir through lemongrass, coriander and ginger.
- Cool soup for 5-10 minutes then blend.
- Serve garnished with coriander.
- Adding ginger towards the end of cooking preserves its health benefits more fully, particularly its ability to aid and soothe the digestive system. I use a lot of ginger in this recipe because I love it. Feel free to use 2-3 teaspoons for a less dominant ginger flavour.
- You can substitute onions or spring onions for the leeks if necessary.
- This carrot and ginger soup works really well as an appetiser when you’re entertaining. Its colour is brilliant and its Asian flavours are a little exotic and unusual.
- Freezes well for up to 3 months.
Articles Related to Homemade Vegetable Soup RecipesBack to Homemade Vegetable Soup Recipes from Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe - A Fresh and Spicy Homemade Ginger Carrot Soup Recipe
Back to Healthy Eating Guide home from Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe - A Fresh and Spicy Homemade Ginger Carrot Soup Recipe