Broadbean and Basil Salad
Vegetable Salad Recipes
This broadbean and basil salad recipe is simple to prepare and very filling. Basil and garlic give the broadbeans a more interesting flavour and ensure that each glossy bean is a flavoursome mouthful.
- 1/2 kg shelled broad beans (just over 1kg unshelled)
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Steam shelled broadbeans for 3 minutes.
- If you wish, remove steamed broadbeans from their skins. (We leave them on and take advantage of the extra roughage!)
- Roughly chop the basil and divide into two piles.
- Finely chop garlic and lightly fry in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until golden brown.
- Add half the basil and stir through the oil and garlic.
- Add broadbeans and salt and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Mix white wine vinegar and remaining olive oil in a separate bowl (or shake it up in a clean glass jar.)
- Pour vinegar and oil mixture over beans just before serving.
- Garnish with remaining basil.
Articles Related to Broadbean and Basil Salad:
Back to Vegetable Salad Recipes from Broadbean and Basil Salad
Back to Growing Raw Healthy Eating Guide home from Broadbean and Basil Salad - Vegetable Salad Recipes