Kits for Growing Tomatoes in Pots
Tomato Growing Kits and Tips
Growing tomatoes in pots is made super-easy when you use a tomato growing kit. Grow succulent, juicy, fresh, sweet tomatoes easily and successfully. Tomato growing kits are popular with people wanting to grow tomatoes on patios and decks.
The main advantage of tomato growing kits is that your tomato plants are constantly fed and watered. This is great for haphazard gardeners who forget to fertilise or water their growing tomato plants. You’re also provided with all the materials and instructions you need to get started growing tomatoes.
Tomato kits have the usual advantages of growing tomatoes in containers. They don’t require weeding, provide some protection from pests and can be moved around to the sunniest position. Growing tomatoes in containers also helps if you have a short growing season and want to start your tomatoes off inside before moving them out. Most people report growing healthier and earlier crops in their tomato kits than in their garden beds.
Tomato kits usually contain:
- growing medium
- climbing frame
- sometimes mulch materials
- sometimes extra fertilisers and boosters
- sometimes wheels or castors for mobility
Tomato growing tips for kits
- Don’t overcrowd your planter or plants will struggle, usually one plant is enough.
- Look for a self-watering, self-fertilising container where you can simply refill the reservoir.
- If you experience strong winds in your area, reinforce the frames provided with the kits.
- Look for kits that use organic growing mediums and fertilisers so that your tomatoes are chemical-free.
- If you want to move tomatoes around for full sun, get a kit with wheels or castors on it.
Back to Garden Kits from Kits for Growing Tomatoes in Pots - Tomato Growing Kits and Tips
Back to Healthy Eating Guide home from Kits for Growing Tomatoes in Pots - Tomato Growing Kits and Tips